|George Lopez episode|
|“It's a Cliffhanger, By George”|
George and Angie try to help Benny find a "good man" by searching online in "It's a Cliffhanger, By George" the "GL" Season 5 finale episode (ep.#22).
| Season 5, Episode # 22 |
Number (#102) in series (120 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Ron Pearson|
Frederick Martin Smith
|Original airdate||April 12, 2006|
|IMDB||It's a Cliffhanger, By George|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"George Discovers How Mescal-ed Up His Life Would Have Been Without the Benny-Fits"|| "George's Mom Faces Hard Tambien" |
(Season 6 premiere)
It's a Cliffhanger, By George was the season finale of Season Five of George Lopez, also the 22nd episode of the season, and the 102nd overall series episode. Written by Robert Borden, the episode, which was directed by Joe Regalbuto, premiered on ABC-TV on April 12, 2006.
|"It's a Cliffhanger, By George"|
|Full Credits||Transcripts||More Images|
In the Season 5 finale, everyone in the Lopez family faces a crisis. Ernie tells George that the factory is moving to Mexico, and they'll both be unemployed. When the police want to question Benny about her part in an old robbery, she flees.
Everything hangs in the balance for the entire Lopez family: Ernie tells George that the factory is moving to Mexico and they'll both be out of jobs; after Benny reunites with her ex, Ernie tells George that Benny's ex robbed a convenience store and calls the cops, though it is for a past crime Benny committed; Angie has been feeling sick for a few days and awaits the results of a home pregnancy test; Carmen is afraid to open her final college letter after being rejected by Northwestern, Iowa and Columbia; Max has swiped a forbidden beer and is about to sample his first alcohol; and Vic prepares to propose marriage to a 27-year-old woman he barely knows.
- George Lopez as George Lopez
- Constance Marie as Angie Lopez
- Masiela Lusha as Carmen Lopez
- Luis Armand Garcia as Max Lopez
- Belita Moreno as Benny Lopez
- Valente Rodriguez as Ernie Cardenas
- Emiliano Diez as Victor Palmero
- Ron Pearson as Officer Robinson
- Richard Riehle as Eddie Carter
- Frederick Martin Smith as Police Officer
- Final appearance of Carmen in a live appearance, the very next episode she is seen in a slideshow of her growing up from other episodes and the previous one.