|George Lopez episode|
Carmen begins seeing Jason, who's the most popular boy in school, who, for some reason, doesn't want to be seen in public with her, as George sets up an "interview" to get to meet him, in "Carmen's Dating" in Season 3 (ep.#5).
| Season 3, Episode # 5 |
Number (#33) in series (120 episodes)
|Guest star(s)||Bryan Fisher|
|Original airdate||October 17, 2003|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Feel The Burn"||"Split Decision"|
Carmen's Dating was the fifth episode of Season Three of the ABC-TV series George Lopez, also the 33rd overall episode in the series. Written by Rachel Sweet, the episode, which was directed by John Pasquin, originally aired on October 17, 2003.
Carmen begins seeing the most popular boy in school, but when he won't be seen in public with her, George and Angie intervene to set him straight.
Carmen tells her parents she wants to start dating, and she brings home a boy from her school for them to meet. Everything about Jason McNamara, her new boyfriend, seems to be perfect, except that he and Carmen don't want to go out in public together.
- George Lopez as George Lopez
- Constance Marie as Angie Lopez
- Masiela Lusha as Carmen Lopez
- Luis Armand Garcia as Max Lopez
- Belita Moreno as Benny Lopez
- Valente Rodriguez as Ernie Cardenas
- Emiliano Díez as Victor Palmero
Trivia and notes
- This is the first appearance of Jason McNamara.
- Carmen (to George & Angie): You guys are the best parents in the whole world!
- George: No.
- Carmen: No, what? George: You want something and the answer is no, you're just too young.
- Carmen: I want to date.
- George: No, you're just too young. Angie, I got it right!
- George (to Carmen): You know what happens when you start dating too early? (he points at Benny) THAT!
- Benny: We all actually, I wasn't so much dating guys as I was...
- George: MOM!
- Benny:... Having sex with them. What did you think I was gonna say?
- Angie (about Carmen & Jason): They've been dating for three weeks and they never go out. Don't you think that's weird?
- George: Maybe, but here I can keep an eye on 'em. The only groping is when Ernie drops a chip down his shirt.
- Jason: I'm here to see Carmen.
- George: Are you sure you can be here? The super popular kids might see you! You could lose your reputation! And have to eat lunch with.. (dramatically) the debate team!
- Jason: I'm captain of the debate team.
- Angie: How did this happen? Our daughter has no self-esteem.
- Benny: I say steer into the skid, dye her hair blonde and send her to stripper school.